As an educational leader, I would produce a personal blog about my school and leadership experience. A blog would be a fantastic way to communicate to your parents using an ongoing commentary about cool things which are happening at the school and school business topics. As a principal, using a blog might provide a way to save a few phone calls a month, allow you to make your staff aware of important ideas, or even save a staff meeting or two.
In the past we read in other resources how districts had implemented the use of blogs to save time instead of hosting staff development meetings. I don't know about you, but all our meetings were always announcements that could have been communicated through email or blogs. As a future administrator I plan to use blogs in order to communicate between staff and parents. I think it is a great way to stay connected on a day-to-day basis.
ReplyDelete